In tandem with the global movement to end impunity for sexual harassment and exploitation, HumanitarianHR was launched to eradicate the sexual exploitation, abuse, and trafficking of refugees and displaced people by those working in the development and humanitarian sector.
At HumanitarianHR, our team of consultants help organizations develop the highest standards to protect vulnerable people from sexual exploitation and abuse. HumanitarianHR offers a variety of services worldwide for NGOs, and UN and government agencies seeking to bolster their work in protection against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) of affected populations.
These services include:
• Safeguarding policy and practice recommendations
• Protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) training for staff and managers
• Training for safeguarding investigators and focal points
• Development of prevention, response, and accountability mechanisms, including community-based complaint mechanisms
• PSEAH prevention mainstreaming
• Independent safeguarding investigations and recommendations
• Auditing of safeguarding programs
• Development of safeguarding investigation procedures
• PSEAH accountability and compliance guidance for contractors and vendors
• Ombuds support for survivors
Delivery of services:
HumanitarianHR operates globally, mobilizing and deploying individual experts or safeguarding teams tailored to each given project. This includes the delivery of services in the client’s or community’s preferred language.
In light of global travel advisories due to the COVID-19 pandemic, HumanitarianHR is positioned to continue delivering PSEAH services remotely, including remote investigations.
Contact: Colleen Striegel, Executive Director [email protected]